Every home should have a good selection of remedies on hand for use during these stressful exam times. All my children have enjoyed the benefits of homeopathic remedies before and during tests and examinations, which help them to feel relaxed, capable, confident and clear thinking. Learn more about these with our great range of remedies available to you from The Remedy Shoppe.
The symptoms of stress are caused by the hormone adrenaline which prepares the body for the flight and fight reaction – a certain amount of which is beneficial and assists us in ‘winning the race’. However, it may also bring on negative feelings, emotions and even physical symptoms which may include anxiety, apprehension or nervous dread, brain fog, weak memory, fear, anger or irritability, over-active mind, sweating, the urgent need to urinate, sleeplessness and even exhaustion.
There are several remedies available to help you and your family survive exam time. These can be taken every half an hour in extreme cases. Hint – Mums and dads – you can also use this remedy for any kind of panic attack or anxiety (and even road rage!)
Remedies to consider
1. Lycopodium, the #1 remedy for exam stress and performance anxiety.
Eugenie Rowson discusses the benefits of her Vibrational Medicine namely Lycopodium with Shado Twala of SAfm
Click here to listen to a podcast of this live interview (from 16:10).
Also known as “homeopath’s cocaine”, Lycopodium gives the feeling of being capable & confident, self-empowered and independent – being “on top”. This well-known homeopathic remedy can boost self-confidence, esteem and competence and motivates, naturally!
Lycopodium assists with anticipatory fears, concentration, confused thoughts, mental blocks, procrastination and hesitation, lack of self-belief and confidence – all of which are commonplace before exams, presentations, meetings, speeches, interviews and the like. This remedy is great for any kind of performance anxiety.
2. Lycopodium is available in the Exam stress & performance anxiety formula – an easy-to-use mouth spray.
3. Aconitum – your typical ‘panic attack’ remedy and homeopathy’s Rescue Remedy. To be used for a sudden and intense feeling of fright, panic, anxiety, worry and foreboding. Accompanied by oppressed breathing, racing heart, palpitations with stitching pains in the chest, flashes of heat, sweating. Panic tends to be worse at night.
4. Argentum Nitricum – headless chicken type of behaviour – when you panic or worry about a forthcoming event. For a highly emotional state where fears are running high.
5. Arsenicum Alb – anal type of behaviour – for great fear, anxiety or panic accompanied by restlessness and exhaustion. Disturbed by untidiness, disorder or confusion. Oversensitive to pain, noise and odours. A godsend for anxiety accompanied by an upset tummy.
6. Gelsemium – ostrich type of behaviour – especially helpful for anticipatory fears and panic before an event or interview. The person feels emotionally and physically numb with fear and can’t get motivated.
7.Rescue Remedy Mix – a combination of Bach flower remedies to promote calm and reduce panic in any emergency or traumatic situation